Position title: Administration Assistant/ Executive Assistant
Reports to: Director
Primary objectives: Provide administration support to the Director and manage his day-to-day activities
Complete a wide range of administrative tasks and executive support related tasks. Ability to work in a fast paced environment; flexible, proactive and efficient. Good judgement in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
• Maintain the EMG professional ethos and culture when liaising with clients, suppliers, partners and team members.
• Manage the Director’s emails and schedule of appointments; compose and prepare correspondence that at times is confidential; review client proposals, take minutes of meetings and conference calls, review external mail, scan and file documents, screen telephone calls, maintain executive files, arrange detailed travel plans.
• Complete critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving, making adjustments to plans.
• Anticipate the Director’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the Director in addressing these issues.
• Prepare research profiles of potential business partners as requested by Director.
• Attend client meetings with Director as required – this occasionally (but rarely) may require interstate travel.
• Coordinate agenda for weekly team meeting and other agendas as required.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organisations.
• Manage the Outlook Contacts database.
• Monitor EMG memberships to MCB, MEA, ISES and PCO Association; maximise EMG member benefits.
• Conduct all activities in accordance with ISO9001 quality management system.
• Be fully conversant, comply and maintain standard Occupational Health and Safety guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director.
Skills and abilities:
• Possess the following skills and abilities including, but not limited to:
• Minimum 2 years in an Executive Assistant role is required
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects
• Friendly and approachable personality
• A “can do” and flexible approach
• Willingness to give and take feedback and direction
• Demonstrated level of initiative
• Strong eye for detail
• Autonomous and self-motivated, but also a collaborative team player
• A results driven attitude and determination to achieve results
• Demonstrated understanding of MS Office Suite
• Experience in using a CRM system
• Proficient understanding of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
• Strong writing, verbal and communication skills
• Experience in the Events industry preferred, but not essential.
Hours of work:
Full-time, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Flexible hours are available (min 4 days). If you are seeking flexible hours please indicate when sending through your CV
$55,000 – $65,000 (based on experience)
If you would like to become a part of our passionate, dedicated and creative team, please apply by emailing a current CV and cover letter responding to the required skills and abilities to:
Kylie Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org